Monday, June 4, 2012

A Blue Ridge Morning

This morning, Cora and I awoke to the sound of octave mandolin jamming. We were at Sarah Siskind's and Travis Book's dramatic mountain home in Virginia.

We stopped in for the night on our way from Richmond; we're heading to a wedding in Knoxville tomorrow. Cora enjoyed sitting on her godmother's lap to play a little piano; she also enjoyed watching her daddy and buddy Travis playing their instruments.

Eventually I joined in to play. I marveled at the fact that I was able to put Cora on the floor on a blanket, and she was perfectly satisfied to watch and listen. We'd left Jack in Richmond to attend a sports day-camp for a week and to spend time alone with his grandparents.

I realize that soon I will have another toddler underfoot. Many people think it's a big deal to have an infant and a 2 or 3 year old. I tell them that this is the "calm before the storm." At least I understand that this time, and I can enjoy the relative ease of a 3 month old. Soon, I will be chasing her at all times...but for now, she is my angelic infant, "trailing clouds of glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment